Welcome!

Welcome to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our family adventures and all the cute things are awesome kids do!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Weston at 5 Months

Weston is almost six months old, so I thought I would update everyone with where he is at with things and what he has been doing. Poor kid gets the shaft compared to Livie, I updated her blog every month. Well, maybe he shouldn't keep me so busy with his fussiness and then maybe, just MAYBE I could blog again! :)
The last time we went to the Dr it was because he was having trouble sleeping, was shoving his fist in his mouth, and drooling excessively. Turns out he has "silent reflux". The Dr gave him a prescription and things seemed to get better... for like a week. Weston was quick to go back to his fussy self and I had no idea why. After doing lots of brainstorming Alan and I decided that our next step was to take dairy out of my diet. So, I did. Man, it is the hardest thing to do! You can find dairy in just about anything you eat. My weakness is the cheese. No more hotdishes, pizza, sandwiches with cheese...the good thing is, it's only temporary. My "dairy diet" seems to be helping quite a bit, actually. I'm not perfect, but it will have to do for now. In fact, I may even consider weaning Weston if he continues to bite while nursing. We discovered his first tooth that came in. As of 5 months and 3 weeks, he has a new bottom tooth. That is almost 2 months sooner than Alivia. He is such a big boy now, I can't seem to keep up with clothes that fit him. Last we checked he was 20 pounds and 2 ounces at 5 months. We have his 6 month appointment on Monday, so we will see how big he has grown. He also accomplished sitting up, drinking from a sippy cup, and eating solids... all before 6 months of age. That's my boy!!

1 comment:

Al said...

The site looks great, babe! You're just the professional blogger. I'm glad you do this, cause it's nice to go back and read.