Welcome!

Welcome to our blog! We hope you enjoy reading about our family adventures and all the cute things are awesome kids do!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Old Man Winter

I am starting to despise the cold here in Minnesota. It seems like the winters go on and on and on and well, you get the idea.

Alivia and I are getting pretty antsy, we can't wait to get outside of the house to play! Being cooped up since October is no fun for a mommy and a toddler. I dream of warm sun, a slightly cool breeze, the sound of the ice cream truck rounding the corner and watching Alivia splash around in her pool or making some mean mud pies in her sandbox.

It should be illegal to be this cold. I'm serious.

I woke up this morning to my house sounding like it was going to collapse with the next big gust of wind that was slamming us. I also woke up to it only being 64 degrees in the house! Not the best motivation for getting out of a warm bed, but baby was calling. I attempted to turn the heat up, but it was already on and blowing out COLD air! No idea how that works when it's set to be on heat. So, I busted out the space heaters and snuggled with Alivia on the couch with some cozy blankets. The heat eventually kicked on after our hot shower.

Random thought: Do you know what I hate? When I am comfortable on the couch and my phone rings- it's all the way downstairs. Leave a message, I will get back to you when I am done being lazy!

Ok, back to my post. There are a lot of things that I would like to learn how to do around the house. I think I will document my trial and errors so you all can laugh at me and be glad that you are not me.

I am going to start with painting stripes on Alivia's wall. I haven't quite figured out the easiest way to do it, but I am sure it will all work out in the end. I would also like to finally finish decorating her room. It would be nice to have ONE room finished in this house of ours. Pictures to come...

No comments: